The International Sheep Dog Society’s (ISDS) Supreme Championship
These trial tapes are for the Border Collie enthusiasts, with these clever Border Collies working at their very finest. The handlers and their sheepdog’s, who qualify for this most prestigious of competitions, are from the very elite of the Border Collie world.
Since our first trip to the Supreme Championship in 1988, at Blair Athol in Perthshire, we have produced a number of videos highlighting these Supreme sheepdog trials.
Click Here to view our selection of the ISDS Supreme Championship videos
The International Sheep Dog Society’s (ISDS) World Trials
Border Collie handlers from all around the world have competed and qualified for a chance to compete at this most prestigious of sheepdog trials. Held just twice, the ISDS is committed to making this a regular event, probably on a 3 year rotation. Up until now, the 2 World Sheepdog Trials have been held on the fields of the British Isles, in 2002 at Bala in North Wales and then in 2005 at Tullamore in Ireland.
Click Here to view our selection of the ISDS World Sheepdog Championships
The United States Border Collie Handlers Association (USBCHA) National Finals
The USBCHA is the Border Collie association that organizes and oversees the National Finals and the qualifying system that leads to the National Finals competition.
The U.S. Finals are held in the fall of the year and move around the different areas of the country with the different Border Collie associations bidding on the opportunity to hold these trials. We covered the 1990 National Finals when it was held in Illinios and then started again in 1999 on through to the 2003 national Finals when it was held in Sturgis, South Dakota.
Click Here to view our selection of the USBCHA National Finals videos
Want to read more? Check these out!
- Sheepdog Competitions and the Top Border Collies The International Sheep Dog Society, the ISDS, is the one main Border Collie institution in Britain. As many dogs end up being exported from the...
- The Beginning of Sheep Dog Trials In 1873, the first recorded sheepdog trial took place near the town of Bala in North Wales. Here a challenge was made between the owner...
- Another Year of Farming and Videos It seems as if the past 5 months has been nothing but Sheepdog videos, Border Collie programs and more Border Collies. I’ve had Border Collies...
- Sheep Dog Trails in the UK In the UK the ISDS still organizes the National and International trials competitions. Here dogs and their handlers compete throughout the year, gaining qualifying points...
- Scott Glen at the ISDS World Trial 2005 Rural Route Videos is proud to be a sponsor for Scott Glen's attempt at the International Sheep Dog Societies (ISDS) World Championship Trial 2005, representing...