Border Collies, Border Collies and more Border Collies
Click below on the sheepdog trial that you want to view:
* 1990 Supreme Sheepdog Championship from Alnwich Castle, Northumberland
* 1991 Supreme Sheepdog Championship from Carmichael, Lanarkshire
* 1992 Supreme Sheepdog Championship from Aberystwyth, North Wales
* 1993 Supreme Sheepdog Championship from Armathwaite, the Lake District
* 1994 Supreme Sheepdog Championship from Monymusk, Aberdeenshire
* 1995 Supreme Sheepdog Championship from Clwyd, North Wales
* 2002 Supreme Sheepdog Championship from Seaford, Ireland
* 2003 Supreme Sheepdog Championship from Stranraer, Scotland
* 2004 Supreme Sheepdog Championship from Llandeilo, West Wales
* 2005 Supreme Sheepdog Championship from Ross on Wye, Herefordshire
* 2006 Supreme Sheepdog Championship from Kelso in Scotland
A summary on my work with the ISDS and their Supreme Sheepdog Championships
Since 1988 I have produced videos on the ISDS Supreme Sheepdog Championships
The International Sheep Dog Society, the ISDS, is the most formidable organization in the world of the Border Collie and our faithful working sheepdogs. They are the main registry for sheepdogs around the world and oversee the workings of the National Trials and also the Supreme Sheepdog Championships. These Supreme Sheepdog Championships are held on an annual basis with the very elite of Border Collie handlers and Border Collies vying for this most prestigious award. This is the top trial, world wide, in the sheepdog world.
We started our travels to the ISDS Supreme Championship in 1988 when it was held at Blair Athol in Perthshire. This was a new experience for me, seeing a trial of this quality with the very best of working Border Collies. From my beginnings of producing videos with the ISDS in 1988, I carried on through the next 8 years traveling from Canada to the location of the next Supreme Sheepdog Championship. Each year the Supreme moved to another country and a new location. In 1989 I then traveled to Margum Park, in South Wales, the year that the Bobby Dalziel and his young Wisp took the championship shield. It was also the year that the first lady handler topped the scores of the qualifying trials, an accomplishment won by Julie Deptford, (Simpson). She went on to win the Supreme in 1996 at Chatsworth.
Want to read more? Check these out!
- Sheepdog Trial Videos The International Sheep Dog Society’s (ISDS) Supreme Championship These trial tapes are for the Border Collie enthusiasts, with these clever Border Collies working at their...
- The Beginning of Sheep Dog Trials In 1873, the first recorded sheepdog trial took place near the town of Bala in North Wales. Here a challenge was made between the owner...
- Sheepdog Competitions and the Top Border Collies The International Sheep Dog Society, the ISDS, is the one main Border Collie institution in Britain. As many dogs end up being exported from the...
- Sheep Dog Trails in the UK In the UK the ISDS still organizes the National and International trials competitions. Here dogs and their handlers compete throughout the year, gaining qualifying points...
- The History of the Border Collie I have had the great opportunity to work with sheepdogs and Border Collies for the past 30 years and their incredible herding instinct and their...