The thoughts on Trial Field Three were quite different to the thoughts of the other two Fields. Field Three seemed to cause some problems for the handlers and dogs. The course was laid out on a field behind the castle. This piece of land was strewn with little hills that obscured the dog’s view of the sheep and let the handler lose view of the dog for certain periods of time. The dogs that made it through this field were definitely ready for the Final day.
Here are the top 7 runs on the Thursday:
|Day 1 of Qualifying / World Sheep Dog Trials Field 3|
|#309||Mr. C McGarry||IRE||Dan||193|
|#316||Mr. J Gustafsson||SWE||Don||188|
|#331||Mr. E Sievers||GER||Bod||183|
|#315||Mr. S van der Zweep||NET||Glen||176|
|#304||Mr. R B Henderson||SCO||Bill||173|
|#332||Mr. J R Griffiths||WAL||Fan||168|
|#336||Mr. S Hindenes||NOR||Wisp||164|
Click on any of the titles below for the full details of the videos from this event:
Want to read more? Check these out!
- Summary of the top Qualifying runs, Field 2, at ISDS World Sheep Dog Trials, 2005 Field Two of the qualifying competition at the World Sheep Dog Trial was said to be the best field to work on due to a...
- Summary of the top Qualifying runs, Field 2, at ISDS World Sheep Dog Trials, 2005 Field Two, day 2, saw a change in the sheep. The Suffolk type ewes that had been used on the first day on Field 2...
- Summary of the top Qualifying runs, Field 1, at ISDS World Sheep Dog Trials, 2005 Although the sheep were moved around for the 2nd day of the qualifying, Field One kept the Suffolk type sheep that ran on the field...
- Summary of the top Qualifying runs, Field 1, at ISDS World Sheep Dog Trials, 2005 Thursday and Friday were the 2 qualifying days for the 2005 World Sheep Dog Trials. It turned out to be quite cloudy and rainy as...
- Day 1 qualifying / ISDS World Sheep Dog Trials, 2005 The first day of competition at the ISDS World Sheep Dog trials was on the Thursday. 40 Border Collies were due to run on each...