On the Saturday, the Semi-finals of the 2005 World Sheep Dog Trial, 42 handlers came to the post to compete for the top 16 places in the Finals the next day. In that competition Jim Cropper and Sid came out with the best run of the day scoring 398, closely followed by both Euan MacKinnon with Glen and W McConnell with Jaff. In Fourth spot was Serge van der Zweep with Glen. Jim and Sid were the close runners up at the 2002 World Sheepdog Trials at Bala, only edged out of the winning spot by a hair and the run of Aled Owen and Bob.
For the Semi Finals it was decided to use the little Horned Hill sheep, as there were enough of them for the 42 Semi Finals runs but not enough of them for the 16 Finals runs to be held on the Sunday. There were enough Suffolk sheep for the finals day as so this was the obvious solution.
For that day, the results of the top 16 at the World Sheep Dog trial / Semi Finals were:
|Top 16 handlers going to the Finals / 2005 World Sheep Dog Trials|
|#331||Mr. E Sievers||GER||Bod||339|
|#262||Mr. C M Magnusson||SWE||Fleet||352|
|#344||Mr. E C MacKinnon||SCO||Glen||379|
|#343||Mr. L N Watkins||WAL||Peg||344|
|#209||Mr. M Doherty||IRE||Craig||341|
|#216||Mr. J Cropper||ENG||Sid||398|
|#315||Mr. S van der Zweep||NET||Glen||367|
|#228||Mr. W I McConnell||SCO||Jaff||379|
|#233||Mr. W G Watt||ENG||York||360|
|#133||Mr. D I Morgan||WAL||Mirk||339|
|#269||Mr. M T Longton||ENG||Monty||343|
|#112||Mr. W Goligher||IRE||Moss||343|
|#376||Mr. R Dalziel||SCO||Dell||366|
|#181||Mr. S van der Zweep||NET||Roy||336|
|#121A||Mr. D Robertson||SCO||Cap II||335|
|#274||Mr. J D Robinson||SCO||Tip||338|
Click on any of the titles below for the full details of the videos from this event:
Want to read more? Check these out!
- Summary of the top Qualifying runs, Field 1, at ISDS World Sheep Dog Trials, 2005 Although the sheep were moved around for the 2nd day of the qualifying, Field One kept the Suffolk type sheep that ran on the field...
- Summary of the top Qualifying runs, Field 3, at ISDS World Sheep Dog Trials, 2005 The thoughts on Trial Field Three were quite different to the thoughts of the other two Fields. Field Three seemed to cause some problems for...
- Summary of the top Qualifying runs, Field 3, at ISDS World Sheep Dog Trials, 2005 On day 2 the sheep on Field 3 changed from the lighter Horned sheep to the Suffolks ewes that had been run on Field 1...
- 23 Steps to producing The ISDS World Sheep Dog Trials, 2005 DVD ISDS World Sheep Dog Trials, 2005 Driving to the World Sheep Dog Trials, from Tullamore, Ireland Our accommodation, the Bridge House Hotel in Tullamore. HQ...
- Summary of the top Qualifying runs, Field 1, at ISDS World Sheep Dog Trials, 2005 Thursday and Friday were the 2 qualifying days for the 2005 World Sheep Dog Trials. It turned out to be quite cloudy and rainy as...